Coastlink cares how you live.
Our professional carers can help you to stay in your home by providing help and support in comfort and with dignity and privacy.
At the heart of our care is the continued independence, quality of life and choice for people who are frail aged and their carers.
We can support you in all aspects of personal hygiene including:
- Bed baths
- Dressing and grooming
- Dental health and denture care
- Incontinence support
We will support you to live at home by helping with:
- Changing bed linen
- Cleaning bathrooms and toilets
- Sweeping, mopping and vacuuming your home
- General tidiness and housekeeping
- Cleaning the kitchen
- Preparing light meals and snacks
We can help you get around your area by providing transport to:
- Go shopping
- Go to appointments such as doctors or hairdressers
- Meet up with friends for a coffee
- Go out for lunch
- Visit the club
How about visiting one of our Friendship Centres
You will always find a warm and welcoming environment at our Friendship Centres located around the Coast at:
- Green Point
- Mangrove Mountain
The Centres offer a chance to meet new people, form new relationships and helps people who may be isolated to reconnect.
All meals are home cooked on the premises from fresh produce.
We also have theme days and visit local attractions like art galleries and waterfront areas for picnics and BBQs.
There is always lots of fun and laughter in a very relaxed environment.
Coastlink also offers social periodic social outings to the theatre, concerts and events on the Central Coast and in Newcastle and Sydney. Costs vary for these activities depending on ticket prices.
Transport is also available for a small fee.
Respite - Getting a break from caring
Providing care for another person can be tiring and sometimes overwhelming and a respite break can be "just what the doctor ordered".
We can provide you with a break which suits your lifestyle and needs and provides quality care for the person you love and care for:
- Respite can be provided in your home or in our cosy, comfortable and accessible private respite homes or out in the community
- Respite gives you the opportunity to enjoy life, maintain existing relationships and finding new ones knowing your loved one is being well cared for.
- It’s a great opportunity for everyone to get a break from the usual routine and come back refreshed.
We would love to speak to you about our aged care services. To speak to a Coastlink coordinator, please call 4321 1022.
Coastlink is funded to provide its wide range of services through the Commonwealth Home Support Program. A referral to the Program is essential. The Program can be accessed through the MyAgedCare portal www.MyAgedCare.gov.au or by phoning 1800 200 422.